We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Episode combines singularity and beauty. Caring for the plant is simple, but it is worth familiarizing yourself with a number of growing rules.
- Seat selection
- Watering and soil selection
- Transplanting and shaping a bush
- Pests and growing problems
An inexperienced person can also figure out how to care for an episode. But this flower needs proper conditions for development. The main thing is that they resemble the natural environment. It is recommended to buy a flower in the spring, when choosing it is better to pay attention to a small plant that has already formed. The foliage should not be dry, without spots, as this indicates the presence of an infection.
It is recommended to place the plant near windows in the east or west.
If there are only southern windows in the room, then it is worth transferring the flower to a darkened place from 10 am to 2 pm, if the weather is sunny outside. If this is not done, the foliage will dry out, curl and fade. Later, new leaves will appear, but they will be small and yellowish. If the owner does not want to constantly transfer the episode, then it is recommended to initially hang it in a pots 3 meters from the window.
If you place a plant in the north, then it will not have enough light. Therefore, experienced people advise against leaving it on such windows. The plant feels comfortable at a temperature of 22-24 degrees. If the indicators decrease or increase too much, then the episode will die. But high temperatures are milder than low temperatures. In autumn and spring, it is worth protecting the flower from drafts. Episode loves light, but the sun's rays have a detrimental effect on it, as it spoils its color. If there is little light, the shoots will rapidly stretch out.
Watering and soil selection
In spring and summer, watering is required every 3 days. It is necessary to ensure that the soil is not too waterlogged. Otherwise, the rhizome will start to rot. In winter, the plant is watered less frequently. The main thing is to monitor the top earthen layer. If it dries up, then you should immediately water the episode. Water must not collect in the sump. It is better to water the plant with settled water.
It is recommended to ensure that it does not fall on foliage, which is injured by moisture drops. Therefore, spraying is prohibited. To maintain the necessary air humidity, pebbles are poured into the pan and filled with water, but the bottom of the pot should not touch it. The episode should be planted in light soil, which allows air to pass through perfectly. Only under such conditions will the normal development of roots take place.
To achieve this, it is recommended to add drainage to the soil. It is laid out in a 3 cm layer at the bottom of the container. For this, stones or expanded clay are used. A ready-made planting mixture is sold in specialized stores, but you can make it yourself. To do this, mixes:
- Fertile soil
- Sheet soil
It is recommended to add charcoal to this mixture. In spring and summer, feeding is carried out once every 7 days. In autumn and winter, this procedure is not carried out so as not to interfere with the growth and development of the plant. For this, any mineral fertilizer is used that is intended for flowers. If the soil is dry, then feeding should be postponed. Otherwise, the rhizome may burn out. If you follow all these rules, the plant will develop normally.
Transplanting and shaping a bush
The plant should be replanted 2 times a year. To do this, you need to find a wide pot so that it does not have large sides. Otherwise, the episode will not have flowers and stems hanging down. The plant develops rapidly, grows, for this reason, the new container should be larger. The old pot should be 5 cm less. Holes should be made at the bottom of the pot.
The transplant is carried out in the following sequence:
- Abundant watering is carried out 30 minutes before the planned transplant.
- The plant is carefully removed. Care must be taken not to damage the rhizome. To do this, it is recommended to initially knock on the pot.
- The rhizome must be examined well. If there are overdried or rotten roots, then they are cut off. The place where the cut was is treated with sulfur.
- Drainage is laid out at the bottom, and then prepared earth is poured out.
- After the manipulations, the plant is well watered. Care must be taken not to get water droplets on the leaves. After that, excess moisture will begin to accumulate in the pallet, it must be poured out 30 minutes after planting.
- For 7 days, the episode should be kept in the shade.
Flower care video episode:
Since the growth of the plant is fast, it is necessary to monitor its shape, carrying out periodic pruning. To do this, use scissors, which must be boiled for 10 minutes beforehand. When the plant fades, the stems are pruned. They are planted in the same container so that the shrub becomes more luxuriant.
Plant propagation can be done in several ways:
- With the help of side shoots or whiskers. These parts of the plant are placed in water for rooting to occur, and then placed in the ground.
- Daughter sockets. They are buried in the soil, but they are not removed from the mother bush.
- When rooting occurs, then the young plant is separated and moved to a new container. But some people leave it with the mother plant.
- Roots will begin to form in a week.
- Cuttings. To do this, cuttings are cut and placed in the ground. They are covered with glass. It will take a week to root.
- Seeds. Using this method, you can lose the varietal characteristics of the episode. Seed material is planted superficially, it is not covered with soil.
If the temperature is maintained at least 20 degrees, then sprouts will appear after 1.5-2 weeks. When 3 weeks have passed, it is necessary to dive.
Pests and growing problems
Episation can suffer from mealybugs, aphids, nematodes. If any of these pests have been identified, it is worth using insecticides. They are used to treat the plant. After 10 days, the procedure is repeated. If the plant is attacked by a nematode, it is better to cut the cuttings and grow new plants. The damaged rhizome is discarded, all pots are disinfected.
Rot, which appears due to excess moisture, is of great danger for the episode. This often happens during the winter. You can also encounter this problem during reproduction. In order to avoid rot, it is necessary to carry out prevention. For this, it is worth making sure that the soil in the pot does not swamp.
The container must have holes at the bottom. Watering the plant is necessary after the topsoil has dried.
It is recommended to add crushed charcoal to the ground during transplantation. If root decay occurs, the flower will be lethargic. While growing a plant, you can face the following problems:
- Flowers do not appear. This is due to a lack of moisture, dry air, cold, lack of lighting.
- The appearance of a gray bloom on foliage, which appears due to stuffiness, old soil, excessive moisture.
- Yellowed leaves. They turn yellow due to an excess of fertilizers, sunrays, dryness.
- The foliage is covered with brown spots when the plant is watered with cold water.
- Growth retardation occurs due to a lack of light.
- Leaves clump together from dryness.
Of course, the episode needs attention. But if you study all the nuances of care well, you can get a beautiful flower miracle that will decorate your home. If the plant receives due care, then it will thank you with luxurious foliage and bright flowers.