We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Today, the presence of a water supply system in a country house plays an important role in the life of any summer resident. All this requires a water supply. To carry out an autonomous water supply to a country house, it is necessary to correctly develop a water supply scheme, find a water source and select pumps.
- Types of wells
- Where to choose
- Choosing a water pump
Types of wells
There are several types of water wells, each with their own pros and cons:
- Mine well. A shaft-type well implies high labor costs, although it significantly saves money for the arrangement of the well. It is quite possible to dig a hole for a mine well on your own. However, even if the pit was dug independently without the involvement of special equipment, then in the future you cannot do without its help, the equipment will be required to install concrete rings in the prepared hole. The positive aspects of this type of source: if the need arises, independent repair work, cleaning and disinfection measures.
- Abyssinian well (driven). To equip the structure of this type of well, a steel pipe is drilled into the ground. The pipe is inserted into the earth layers until it reaches the artesian waters. The lower end of the pipe is equipped with a special filter and a head with holes. Through the holes, water resources enter the cavity by a pipe of the structure, from where they are pumped for consumption. The service life of such a well is not too long, and the cost is quite decent. The indisputable advantage of this type of water source is its ability to maintain the purity of the water, because the water in it does not stagnate or become polluted.
- Well chamber. A well chamber is installed in cases of permanent residence of people in a dacha household, which is not uncommon today. The well chamber may well be built with your own hands, using ring concrete structures or blocks with a maximum degree of waterproofing protection. The camera must be covered with a lid to prevent the ingress of atmospheric precipitation.
- Drilling well. A borehole (artesian well) is a well that is drilled before reaching groundwater. For drilling a well, a special technique is used, since it is not possible to manually drill a well of such depth. After drilling on clay 7-8 meters, a water pipe with a diameter of 115 mm is mounted in it.
What to opt for?
First of all, for carrying out a water supply system, you should think about which water source will be used. At summer cottages, two types of wells are widely used for water supply: artesian wells and a shaft-type well.
It is a deep well, sometimes reaching up to 200 meters, which reaches the artesian waters. Water fills the well cavity, through the internal pressure of groundwater, and is at ground level or slightly lower.
The positive aspects of an artesian well include: the produced water is environmentally friendly, so there is no need to install water filters, and the service life is more than 100 years.
The most suitable place for drilling an artesian well is a basement room, but it is important to remember that it is necessary to do this type of well before building the basement floors.
An artesian well, along with its pluses, has its drawbacks: high cash costs for its registration, this is due to the fact that drilling an artesian well cannot do without the help of specialists. In addition, during the construction of an artesian well, additional documentation will be required.
A shaft well is the cheapest solution to the problem of water supply to the site. If you consider that you can dig the well yourself, this makes it possible for the summer resident to additionally save his savings on the water supply of the site.
The pluses of the well include: its cheapness, ease of arrangement and ease of use. If the upper part of the well is well insulated, then the water can be used not only in summer, but also in winter.
Negative points of the well: the upper water layer in the well is usually dirty, so the installation of water filters is required, which incurs additional maintenance costs. It is required to build a kind of protective "house" in the upper part of the well to prevent atmospheric precipitation from entering the water.
Choosing a water pump
The next step is to select a pump for uninterrupted supply of water resources to consumers from the well. If a decision was made to build an artesian well, then a downhole pump is required, and when building a mine well, a submersible pump is needed:
- Downhole pump. Borehole pumps are designed to lift and supply water from wells, the depth of which can reach 40 meters. When choosing a borehole pump, you should know the depth of your borehole structure and your need for water resources. Pumps of this type are recommended to be purchased so as to prevent idle operation of the device, that is, the pump should supply water as much as will be used. The compact dimensions of the borehole pumps allow water supply even from very narrow wells.
- Submersible pump. Direct installation of this type of pump is not required; it can be lowered into the well using ordinary twine, at a level of approximately one meter from the bottom of the tank. Some models of submersible pumps are equipped with a base that allows the device to be installed on a clean bottom of the well. The main advantages of submersible pumps include: low sensitivity to water quality, natural cooling during operation, a small amount of noise produced and no need for prevention.
For the correct choice of a pump, regardless of the type of well erected, it is necessary to take into account its performance, which should be sufficient to supply the required amount of water.
When calculating the required amount of water, the following are taken into account: the consumption for water-consuming equipment, in kitchen taps, in the bathroom or shower and the consumption of water for irrigating the garden plot.
Pumps with a capacity of 2-4 m3 / h are considered the most acceptable. This pump power is sufficient to provide water supply for seven out of four people, taking into account the consumption of water resources in the bathroom, washing machine, kitchen and garden plot.
Provided that the residence in the country house will be year-round, and therefore, the water supply will be used not only in summer, but also in winter, then water pipes should be laid in trenches. The depth of the trench should be slightly greater than the depth of soil freezing. The trench is located from the source of water resources to the house where it will be consumed.
At the height of the pipe, a hole is made in the well ring. To prevent the pipe from freezing, the place of its cutting into the well ring should be carefully insulated.
Instructions for organizing a water supply system in the country on the video: