We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Yoongi's birch is a dwarf ornamental deciduous tree. It is great for both single planting and for creating compositions.
It is used to decorate large parks and alleys. It is often planted near private houses, the weeping shape of the crown, in combination with the light trunk, creates a unique, refined and delicate look. Looks great on a green lawn and near decorative ponds.
- General information about Yungi birch
- Care and reproduction
- Diseases and pests
General information about Yungi birch
It grows slowly, the annual growth is no more than 30 cm. The maximum trunk extends by 4-6 meters, the crown grows about the same width. The height of the tree depends on where the grafting point was at the tops or at the base. The trunk of a birch does not differ in appearance from its congeners, until 7-8 years old it is light brown, later it is white, smooth with black cracks.
The crown in shape and appearance resembles an umbrella, the branches are long, flowing. The leaves are diamond-shaped, serrated at the ends, light green in summer. By autumn, the leaves acquire a bright yellow color. Yungi birch blooms in the middle of spring with beautiful long catkins, which are honey plants. They appear a little earlier than foliage.
The fruits are small, elliptical, lionfish. The root system of this birch species is superficial and strong. The tree is a long-liver, with an average age of 110-120 years.
Care and reproduction
Yungi's birch is not a whimsical tree, it does not require special or special care. However, it is worth following a few simple rules when growing it at home, so that it pleases with a healthy and green crown every year.
Subtleties of care:
- When planting a tree, you need to choose a bright place. With strong shading, birch growth will slow down, and flowering and number of leaves will be much less.
- It tolerates winter frosts well, mature trees do not require additional insulation. But it is worth protecting the bark from rodents. To do this, in the cold season, the tree can be secured with a net, installing it at a distance of 3-5 cm from the trunk.
- It grows and develops well in soils of any composition, alkaline soil is most suitable, although this is not a prerequisite.
- Young Yungi birch reacts strongly to polluted air, so it is recommended to plant mature trees in city parks and alleys.
- Due to the fact that the root system of the surface birch needs regular watering, especially in the hot summer months. But it does not tolerate overflow and stagnation of water. To avoid this, when planting a tree at the bottom of the hole, it is necessary to put a thick layer of drainage, which will regulate the amount of water at the roots.
- For the tree, especially in the early years of development, regular spring feeding is necessary. This process is carried out before the leaves appear on the branches. For feeding, manure, saltpeter and urea are suitable. A solution is made of these components in a ratio of 1 kilogram to 15 and 10 grams of substances, respectively, to 1 bucket of water.
- In order for the roots to breathe, it is necessary to regularly loosen the soil around the tree and remove weeds. After watering, mulching with peat is recommended.
- Yungi's birch does not need regular pruning and crown formation. In the spring, dry branches are removed with pruning shears.
Maintenance is simple and, following these rules, the tree will feel great. Leaving is not difficult, and the result will not keep you waiting long.
Reproduction of Yungi birch occurs with the help of seeds, which are recommended to be sown immediately after harvest or in the autumn. To do this, you can use specially prepared containers with a ready-made substrate or plant the seeds immediately in the ground, and then mulch the crops with peat or wood sawdust. Before germination, regular watering and removal of weeds are required, which can clog small birches.
Young trees can also be obtained by separating the undergrowth from the roots of mature trees. This process is best done in the fall. At home, you can grow birch from seeds, but if you need 2-3 trees, then it is easier to buy a ready-made adult healthy seedling.
Diseases and pests
Yoongi's birch is susceptible to disease, so you should regularly examine the tree and, at the first symptoms, remove or treat the disease:
- In the spring, you can spray trees and foliage to keep out caterpillars and bugs.
- The roots can damage May beetles and their larvae. To avoid these troubles and to protect the plant, the earth around the tree is carefully dug up, bypassing the roots.
- Fungal diseases are removed and treated with special solutions that can be purchased at gardening stores.
If one tree is affected by pests and diseases, neighboring ones can also become infected. Regular inspection and timely disinfection of the plant and soil will help avoid such troubles.
Are there weeping birches? Watch the video: